Friday, January 22, 2010

McSteamy at your Home!

Let's hear you shout if you like ironing! That's what I thought... I'm hearing nothing but crickets. I don't blame you, ironing is one of my least favorite activities, and I will do just about anything to avoid it. I've been known to put my clothes in the hot shower with me, spritz them with a spray bottle and shake them out, spend money on dry cleaning, or convince myself that the outfit looks "more original" with wrinkles.

However, when I started working at a boutique, I grew accustomed to using the garment steamer, and eventually I fell in love. I decided that since I stopped watching Grey's Anatomy, I needed a new McSteamy in my life, and now I don't have to resolve to my creative methods to make my clothes look fresh and wrinkle free. It heats up in about one minute, is safe on just about every fabric (please don't try to steam leather), and I don't have to worry about burning my clothes. It's also nice to not have to fuss with the ironing board.

You can buy them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Target, or on Amazon.com. I recommend the standing models like this one:

Photo: amazon.com
SteamFast SF-407
1500 Watt Fabric Steamer
$54.09

So if you're fed up with your iron, give it a try. I kind of think you'll like it.

Have a great weekend and Dress on!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment