Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Guys, Are You Well InVESTed?

Since I have had a couple of requests, today's post is for the guys. Lately I've been noticing an obscene amount of men sporting vests around LA, so of course my trendspotting instincts kicked in and I began keeping my eyes open. I must attribute this vest phenomenon to the erratic weather that LA is having. One day it's cold and rainy and the next is beautiful and sunny, so it can be quite difficult to know what to wear to stay comfortable.

Obviously vests have been around for a while, but a lot of non-hipster guys tend to be afraid. However, if styled right, I can be a huge fan of a man in a vest. But when trends come back around, it is important to pay attention to the details so that you don't just throw on a tech vest from "in the year 2000", in Conan O'Brien's words.

Now you have to ask yourself, what kind of vest man am I? Are you looking for something functionable, stylish, or sporty? Don't worry, I've done the leg work and I have you all covered.

Function:
These are the guys who are looking for warmth when they put on their vest. This leather piece from Urban Outfitters and beige Diesel are great options to avoid outdated vests.

Diesel Jomjil Service Vest
$220 at ssense.com
Standard Sleevless Moto Jacket
$48 at urbanoutfitters.com

Style:
For those a little more daring with their style, try these looks with a plain tee underneath and fitted jeans and you'll ooze confidence.

Diesel Stupefy Vest Lacoste Pima Cotton Sweater Vest
$100 at ssense.com $88 at nordstrom.com

Sporty:
For the golfers and tennis players, dressing right for a morning tee time or match means layering. Sporty vests can be a great way to keep your core warm but not hinder your arm motion. I like this RLX Ralph Lauren and Callaway argyle sweater vest to keep you playing and looking great.

Callaway Golf argyle vest
$74 at zappos.com
RLX Ralph Lauren
Tee Time Interlock Vest
$245 at ralphlauren.com

As we make the transition into spring, why not try out something new? I happen to think that an amazing piece of clothing is always a good inVESTment.

Dress on!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment