Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Heart Joe Zee

Joe Zee, Creative Director of ELLE magazine, is a downright genius. As a regular on MTV's "The City" and a fixture on the fashion segments of "The Today Show", Mr. Zee has made the world of high fashion magazines a little less intimidating and a little more relatable to the real consumers.

In this month's ELLE, his Style A to Zee column explores the world of women borrowing clothing...from their men! By taking six couples and making over the men using pieces that the wives and GFs could also work into their wardrobe, Mr. Zee has officially opened Pandora's Box. Sure menswear inspired pieces are no new thing in fashion, but actually shopping with both the man and the woman in mind is quite daring. I guess if you share everything else anyway, why not clothing?

While I'm not sure how happy the guys will be with this idea, I know I'm excited! A girl is always looking for new ways to expand her wardrobe, and now we don't have to look far!

Here are some of my favorites from the makeovers:

Photos by Daniel King for ELLE
Men's button down with a leather skirt, cotton cardi vest or blazer with a cute flowy dress? Yes please! The guys look great, too! I especially love the skinny tie with the cardigan vest look - very cool but not overly hipster. Plus, all of the men's clothes are from H&M so your guy won't gripe at the price when you take him shopping for "his" new wardrobe.

So, thank you for all of the ideas, Mr. Zee! I just hope my BF doesn't put a lock on his closet after reading this...

Dress on!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment